Seniors Advantage Services
SENIORS ADVANTAGE CENTER
Solution Services for the Mature Adult Community
Having been awarded the designation of SRES (Seniors Real Estate Specialist) by the Senior Real Estate Council, seniors specialist Lawrence and his team are qualified to help seniors make informed decisions about selling the family home, business or investment properties, buying rental property, managing the capital gains and estate tax implications of owning real estate, obtaining a reverse mortgage, moving to a senior community and other issues. (Why Use an SRES?)
If you are a senior who is also a military veteran, we can provide military support services tailored to your specific needs, see our Military Support Center for details.
The following information and links are provided as part of our team's commitment of service to you...
for Senior Property Owners and Buyers
To receive your FREE copy!
Realtors that Help Seniors
by the Guide to Retirement Living Staff (http://www.retirement-living.com)
Real Estate Agents that specialize in working with seniors can offer much more than assistance with buying and selling a home. They can offer information and advice on topics ranging from estate planning to retirement living options. Many of these specially trained realtors have been working with seniors for many years and are familiar with the concerns and needs of this niche market.
Special Housing Search Services
For those looking for 55+ homes the South Carolina Upland areas in and around Greenville, we have the ability to perform custom 55+/Adult property searches on the local MLS databases. Please contact us for help and we will be glad to assist you with your 55+ housing search.
Real Estate agents who work primarily with seniors can receive several different designations, including SRES (Senior Real Estate Specialist) or SHS (Senior Housing Specialist). These designations let the consumer know that the agent has completed special training courses that include detailed methods for helping seniors through the home buying and/or selling process.
The most important characteristic of any realtor who works with seniors is patience. In addition to being familiar with the legal, financial, and emotional issues facing the 55+ age group, these realtors have the patience to function more as counselors than as sales people. Their patience allows them to let sales evolve slowly over time—after they have fostered relationships with their senior clients.
Patience is an important characteristic for a realtor who works with seniors because, as Joanna Biggar points out in “The Soft Sell” in the Wall Street Journal, “The sale or purchase of a home, of course, can be trying at any age. But as people approach or begin retirement, new difficulties can emerge, including anxieties about parting with 30 years or more of memories; questions about how the transaction should fit into larger estate planning, and uncertainties about whether the next house could be, or should be, the last house. Accordingly, such customers don't always need a hard-charging salesperson as much as they do an adviser, someone with the skills -- and perhaps most important, the patience -- to navigate what could be a lengthy passage.”
Realtors that help seniors are capable of assembling a team of advisers—financial planners, lawyers, accountants, etc.—to help meet the specific needs of their older clients. By offering referrals, advice, and guidance throughout the buying and selling process, these realtors offer their clients the comprehensive attention they need and deserve.
10 reasons to use an SRES Realtor
by Susan McDade (http://allaboutseniors.org)
Did you know that there are Realtors who hold a SRES (Senior Real Estate Specialist) designation, and are trained specifically to work with the 55+ community? That may be empty nesters downsizing, or a loved one moving on to independent living, assisted living, or memory care.
By December 31, 2029 the last of the boomers will turn 65. This population is projected to double to 71.5 million by 2030. The real estate community recognizes this growing population and wants to address the needs of the homeowner and family when selling their home.
10 Reasons why you should use an SRES Realtor:
- SRES Realtors communicate with seniors the way they want to be communicated with. Many homeowners want/need to have personal visits verses email, text, or even phone.
- SRES Realtors understand that homeowners may need to have several visits from them before they can gain their trust enough to allow them to put their house on the market.
- SRES Realtors know there may be some physical limitations that the homeowner has that may make showings difficult. The homeowner may not be able to leave the home every time it’s shown. The Realtor can help them to make an alternative plan for showings.
- Other family members may be involved in the decision making process when listing the property. An SRES Realtor is prepared and knowledgeable about properties as part of a trust, or properties as part of an inheritance.
- If the homeowner is downsizing to a smaller home or adult community, they may want to consider a HECM (Home Equity Conversion Loan) loan. An SRES Realtor can help them determine if they might be a good candidate for this program, which is specifically for buyers 62+.
- They may be part of a larger “Senior Concierge Services” program that offers other services related to the move, and provides one stop shopping. Services may include senior move management, financial planning, estate sale services, mortgage services, closing attorneys, and elderly law and estate planning firms.
- If the homeowner is moving from another state or city, A SRES Realtor can refer them to a designated SRES Realtor in their departure city.
- A SRES Realtor tailors their marketing pieces and documents to meet the needs of seniors. Larger print, easy to read, and easy to handle.
- A SRES Realtor will make all efforts to price the property at fair market value to maximize the seller’s proceeds, while also pricing for a quicker sale. Many sellers need the proceeds to be able to move on. In some cases, they may need them immediately.
- Most importantly, an SRES Realtor cares about seniors, and has made a commitment to cater to their needs!
Seniors Real Estate Services
RESIDENTIAL, INVESTMENT, COMMERCIAL
LAND, FARM, PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
Global Relocation and Referral Services
Personal * Service * Support * Professionalism * Integrity
Providing friendly dedicated service - customized to your needs.
Using state-of-the-art methods to find the right property for you
and/or sell your property at the best possible price.
SC Lic. 101364 / 100261