Yerkes Upstate SC Blog
What is an ABR® — and why should you use one?
A short guide for the Internet consumer
The Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR®) designation is the benchmark of excellence in buyer representation. This coveted designation is awarded to real estate practitioners by the Real Estate BUYERS AGENT Council (REBAC) of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS ® who met the specified educational and practical experience criteria.
The criteria are:
- Completed the comprehensive two-day REBAC course in buyer representation.
- Successfully passed a written examination.
- Demonstrated a practical experience of having completed closed real estate transactions in the field of buyer representation.
- Received recommendations from real estate practitioners buyer clients.
- Be a member in good standing with the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®.
- I am a real estate agent that proudly displays the ABR® designation and I am a professional in the field of buyer representation.
The Benefits of Using a Buyers Agent
Using a Buyers Representative offers the consumer many benefits.
- Evaluate the specific needs and wants of the buyer and locate properties that fit those specifications.
- Assist the buyer in determining the amount that they can afford (pre-qualify) and show properties in that price range and locale the consumer has determined.
- Assist in viewing properties and either accompany the client on the showings or preview the properties on behalf of the client to insure that the identified specifications are met.
- Research the selected properties to identify any problems or issues to help the consumer in making an informed decision prior to making an appropriate offer on the property.
- Advise the client on structuring an appropriate offer to purchase the selected property.
- Present the offer to the sellers agent and seller on the clients behalf.
- Negotiate on behalf of the buyer client to help obtain the identified property. Keep in mind that the buyer agent will be doing so with their clients best interests in mind.
- Recommendations and assistance in securing appropriate financing for the selected property.
- Provide a list of potential qualified vendors if these services are needed by the consumer.
Looking to buy your first property, or third? Just contact us, so I can help you find the property of your dreams.
Buyers / Investors Real Estate Services
RESIDENTIAL, INVESTMENT, COMMERCIAL
LAND, FARM, PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
Global Relocation and Referral Services
Personal * Service * Support * Professionalism * Integrity
Providing friendly dedicated service - customized to your needs.
Using state-of-the-art methods to find the right property for you
and/or sell your property at the best possible price.
SC Lic. 101364 / 100261